Sara Evans Suite

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I finally decided to start up with my blog on the episodes, especially since so many people seem to be checking out my myspace page after each show.

So what to say about this episode, it was our job to design a suite for Sara Evans. I find it kind of funny how excited they made me look because I honestly had no idea who she was. Well, it turns out she is a big time country singer and a HUGE shabby chic fan. As all you guys know, shabby chic is not my most favorite style to pull off. Anyone who has been to my house I'm sure knew that already though. But, its all about pleasing the client and thats what we were sent there to do.


One thing I was really excited about was working with Trish on this project, we had become really close throughout the challenges and this was finally our chance to work together and show our stuff. On the other hand we also had to deal with Tracee who definatly got on my nerves shopping with her, she always wanted some other option or accessory. Luckily Trish and I kept it together and worked great together. Working with Trish is so easy and we were constantly on the same page. Oh and Trish.....its POA not POV lol.

Back to the room, I think its so hilarious how both teams picked the same exact color. At the end of the day I was really proud of the room we had made for Sara Evans. I had really stepped outside my comfort zone (once again) and I think we definatly pulled it off. I loved watching Sara's reaction to it, nothing gives you a better feeling than when someone is that happy with the design you gave them. I must say its those moments that keeps you going to the next challenge.

Oh and then there was the hosting challenge, not much to say here except I know I need to soften up a lot. Its just so hard with a camera glaring at you eye to eye. I guess most people would figure that I would be comfortable around a camera by that time, but when you dont look at them you completely forget they are there most of the time. Eye to eye with a camera is much different than one following you around.

Here are some pictures of the final project.

Living Area


Bedroom

I hope your all ejoying watching the show as much as I am, these past few weeks have just gone by so fast. So keep on watching and keep the emails and support coming, cause they are definatly much appreciated. I'll be catching up on the previous episodes soon, as for now its time for bed!



Mikey V

0 comments: