And Then There Were 3

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Trish Beaudet & Mikey Verdugo taking a break from design

I must say this week I was completely shocked to see Trish go home. Perhaps I am a little biased but I defiantly thought she had the most drastic before and after shots. As everyone knows I am not exactly the biggest fan of the traditional style, but I have a great appreciation for it. Michael S always said that you need to be the style of your client, and it was very apparent from the get go that Trish's parents loved the traditional look. Unfortunately, I believed Trish was ultimately punished for her parent's style. I always got the feeling that HGTV never really encouraged traditional furniture, but I didn't really mind at all while I was on the show, considering modern is totally my style.

For people claiming that traditional was actually Trish's style, I would defiantly have to disagree. Out of all the episodes the room that reminds me most of Trish is defiantly the living room from our very first challenge. That room just screams Trish, and is very modern and fresh with a little traditional influence, which is where I think she completely excels.

I was so frustrated watching that carpenter lay down that wood floor. It's sad that she had to take over and show him how to do it. HGTV should really provide the contestants with their own carpenters, or me, lol. It's honestly just not fair to pick and choose random carpenters, and I've noticed this from the very first season.

Jen's room I defiantly also liked, those big graphics she paints are just way too cool for school. Again this was another room I was frustrated watching. When she said dark wood floors, I thought great call, and I was so mad when she didn't have the budget or time to incorporate the idea. I think that dark wood floors would have completely finished off that room so nicely. If I was there or if she had a better carpenter I'm sure we could have gotten it done for you Jen.

With Matt's room I defiantly felt kind of sorry for him considering I think he got that hardest room to work with design wise. Not that I don't like doing kids rooms (designed my own God Daughters room) but it's just not the ideal room I would have wanted to show off my style. So I defiantly commend him for taking on that challenge.

So overall I thought everyone did great, but still think that HGTV got it wrong by sending Trish home tonight. Like I said, maybe I'm biased but I really think she designed for her clients and had and overall HUGE impact on the room. Booo at HGTV for punishing Trish for giving her parents the traditional look, which is what they wanted. Although, I'm sure I wouldn't be saying that if I was in the final 3 with her, instead it would be more like, "send her the hell home!" LoL! Just kidding, Trish.

Great job tonight to all 3 of them, but they sure are lucky I wasn't there cause I would have just built my family a new home and sent you all packing J. LoL. Nah, you all did great

Best of Luck to Jen and Matt in the finale!

Mikey V

0 comments: