Design Star Finale

Thursday, August 7, 2008

interior designer finalists Matt Locke and Jennifer Bertrand

First of all let me start by saying sorry for the delay on this blog, a lot of people have been writing me, but I have been so busy getting www.mikeyv.com launched that I didnt have the time. So, now that the site is finally up I have a few minutes to catch you all up to speed.

Let me ask you, have you ever gone out with a huge zit on your face hoping that if you ignore it then maybe no one else will notice? Only to have your friends point it out and notice it even more. Well, this past Sunday I was that zit that was trying to be ignored, but the crazy thing is more people than ever noticed my absence. My websites got more hits in one day than a whole week when the show was airing. Yet again I've been flooded with supportive emails and comments, which makes my days so much better. For everyone asking where I was at the finale, without saying too much, I think you already know why I wasn't there. I wish I could give you a better explanation but I'm not allowed to right now. Trust me when I say not being there was no choice of my own.

Anyways, on to the actual finale, congratulations Jen you completely deserve this. She is one of the most honest and real people I have met in a while, and she always kept me laughing throughout the whole show. So everyone be sure to keep an eye out for her new show when it comes on, I'm sure it will be kick ass. Oh and Jen, if you do any drywall in your show, don't forget who taught you J.

Of course Matt was just as deserving, but I guess there can be only one winner. However, I have no doubt he will get picked up fast by someone and move on to bigger and better things. He's got a lot of talent and always kept me on my toes during the show, cause we both had a similar modern style.

What sucks the most about the finale for me was not being able to see everyone again. We aren't allowed to have contact for 2 months, so it sucked to see everyone together again and not be able to be a part of it. Maybe we can all plan a real reunion on our own sometime. At least now we can all contact each other again, and I'm sure you all guessed that I've talked to Trish almost every day since, it's like we just picked up right where we left off in the New Orleans final challenge. What can I say, she is like the sister that I never had. Well, turns out I did find a real long lost step sister of mine who I was supposed to meet for the first time at the finale, but that obviously didn't happen. Anyways Trish along with everyone else will definitely all be good friends of mine for years to come. Other than that everyone looked great and made good impressions at the finale, all the clips they played were hilarious. Trish got diamonds, which is exactly what that girl needs…..more bling lol.

Overall the show was great, it was a nice recap on the entire season, cause there is so much that they didn't air that I wish they had. Keep an eye out for everyone from Design Star season 3 cause I'm sure they'll all be going places.

Mikey V

3 comments:

Denis Stearns said...

You were the best designer on the show BY FAR! And my favorite. All the best for you always!

turk854 said...

You were our favorite by far my 10year old twins refused to miss it they thought if they missed it would be bad luck for you. So much so that one had open heart surgery and insisted on watching in the ICU they finally brought in a TV so he could watch. Good luck with the IA husbands a cop been there it sucks Turk854

Unknown said...

Trish seem like a real pal !
I am glad u have somebody u can turn to for support. I am behind u 100%.
xoxo Kenny