My New Sister

Monday, September 1, 2008

My sister & I after we just met

Its been a few weeks since I last updated my blog, mostly because last week I spent out in Los Angeles. I flew out to visit my brother Chris so we could both finally meet our sister Michelle. I actually found her about 6 months ago on myspace, yeah of all places I found her on myspace. I had known since I was younger that I had a half sister named Michelle but I never knew how to find her until I did a search for her. Thats her in the picture above, she may only be a half sister but she definitely looks and acts like a Verdugo, so she fit right in with the family.

the whole family at dinner

And she literally got to meet the whole family, we all flew into LA last weekend, I guess you could call it my version of a reunion. My cousin and Ryan came out with me from Miami, we dragged Nigel out of New York for the weekend, Michelle and her boyfriend Nick actually came out from New Jersey, and if you noticed Trish in the background, yes, she flew out too for a little LA fun. My brother Chris and other cousin Frank both live out in LA already, and Matt (way in the back) came out with his boyfriend Heath to join us all. The picture above is all of us at dinner the first night we flew into Los Angeles.

Chris, Michelle, and Mike

Here is the 3 of us together, think she looks like us at all? She definitely has all the Verdugo features, and she got along great with the whole family which can be a rather extreme experience most of the time.
Design Star Reunion

Matt invited us all over to his new loft which is looking really cool. Stephanie drove up from the OC to hang out with us and we had a mini-design star reunion, too bad Jen, Michael S., and D Rock couldn't make it.

My cousin Tony & Steph
I think my cousin Tony was more excited than anyone to meet Stephanie from the show.

Trish, Preston, and Mike

Talk about a small world, while out in LA we found out one of my best friend's friend is business partners with a designer named Preston. Preston is actually one of the finalists for the Bravo version of design star called Top Design, and it will be premiering in September so check it out. We got to have brunch with him and trade "reality show" stories, it was really cool to actually hear how other reality shows operate in comparison to Design Star.

So thats a lot of what happened over the past two weeks, LA was a lot of fun, weather was beautiful, so I can't wait to go back. I have a few more posts I will be adding over the next couple days about more events that happened on the trip. As for now, its back to work.

Mikey V

2 comments:

Don Shetterly - Relaxing Piano Music said...

Looks like a lot of fun you all had! And wow, Trish, Matt, Staphanie. So cool!

Anonymous said...

It must have been awesome to meet your sister! My husband learned last year that he had SIX brothers and sisters that he never knew about!

Hope that you and your new sis can forge a great relationship and also want to wish you well on your endeavors!

Goldielocks